There no current job openings at Hang Art
Gallery Director Internship
All Hang Art internships are unpaid and must be completed for school credit at an accredited university. Schedule is flexible.
The Gallery Director Internship at Hang Art provides a wide variety of experience, from understanding artist relations and refining communication skills to managing a fine art inventory and handling art. In a fast-paced environment, the Gallery Director Intern will work directly with Hang Art's Director in the following capacity:
Ideal candidates should embody the following traits:
- Maintain and update contacts database.
- Compile marketing research and implement initiatives.
- Write and transcribe general correspondence and other copy.
- File various records and correspondence.
- Maintain office, artwork inventory, and exhibition spaces.
- Research exhibitions and assist with artwork installation.
- Help with exhibition layouts and artwork installation.
- Participate in prospective artist presentations and evaluate portfolio submissions.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
Potential candidates are encouraged to send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may include your cover letter and resume in the body of your email, or attach them to your message as either a PDF or MS Word file. No other formats will be reviewed.
- Enthusiasm and ability to learn all gallery functions.
- Professional, outgoing, personable demeanor.
- Excellent communication skills, especially via phone.
- Proactive work ethic with ability to prioritize and problem solve.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Willingness to complete various tasks.
- Aptitude for inner-city traveling.
- Proficiency with PCs, Windows (primarily Excel and Word), and Adobe Acrobat.
- Sense of humor.
Resume's are currently being reviewed. No phone calls please.
If you are an artist interested in having your artwork exhibited at Hang Art please review our Submission Guidelines here.